Below is a list of useful resources for independent study teachers. If you would like to submit an on-line resource that you have found to be helpful please submit your link below.
Resources For Administrators and Teachers
- CDE Educational Options Office
Click on “Independent Study” for a variety of updated and useful resources.
- PBS TeacherLine
Professional development for PreK-12 educators
- State Content Standards
Contains State Content Standards by grade level for English-Language Arts, Math, History-Social Science, Science, and Visual and Performing Arts
- Common Core State Standards
Information and resources about the new academic content standards.
- Charter Schools
Laws and regulations, contacts, resources, and other link.
- Official California Legislative Information
For “Bill Information” and “California Law” (access to the entire California Education Code
- Testing & Accountability
Check for CDE updates.
- Your Legislature Contact information for your Senator and Assembly Member
Just type in your zip code
- A-G Guide, University of California (UC) Policy on Non-Classroom-Based Independent Study Schools
The policy that governs the instructional conditions under which “non-site-based Independent study schools” are eligible to establish and maintain a-g course lists for UC and California State University admissions.
- Adult Education Office
Independent study consultants in the Adult Education office are:
Vicki Prater, email@example.com
- California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), Article 30, School Regulations
Rules governing independent study programs/schools–Section 306, page 43.
- Resources for Educational Options Programs
- Standards and Procedures for Audits of California K-12 Local Educational Agencies
- Exemplary Independent Study Information